If you’re a mom in medicine, this event is for you!
What You'll Get:
- Friday Night Welcome Reception
- Full Day Saturday Conference (including breakfast & lunch)
- Hands on Cooking Demo
- Sunday Wellness Sessions
- Swag bag full of gifts
- 12 AMA Category 1 CME Credits
MEET YOUR HOSTS
Lauren Powell, MD
Dr. Lauren Powell, a board certified family medicine physician, is a media personality and frequently called upon by local & national television, print, radio and online media to give a fresh perspective and new information on nutrition and health. Dr. Powell travels throughout the US speaking at churches, corporations, conventions, and colleges sharing her knowledge and insight regarding disease prevention and cure utilizing food, earning her the title of “The Culinary Doctor” by her peers and patients. Dr. Powell combines practical, responsible academic knowledge with her humor and high- energy personality, making her a highly sought after national speaker. She is currently in a private multispecialty practice in Atlanta, GA.
Thomia Campbell, DDS
Dr. Thomia Campbell is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. During her training, she was inducted into the Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society and the Albert Schweitzer Fellowship. Upon graduating with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery, she was recognized by Delta Dental for completing over 100 hours of community service throughout her matriculation and was presented with the Delta Dental Community Service Award. She furthered her education at Howard University College of Dentistry where she completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency.
Jada Moore-Ruffin, MD
Known as “Dr. Jada” to her clients and loyal followers, REAL’s Medical Director Dr. Jada Moore-Ruffin is a nationally recognized weight loss physician, wellness expert and personal success coach. She is double Board-certified in Family Medicine and Medical Bariatrics (non surgical obesity medicine), as well as a certified integrative nutrition coach.
She is the Founder of CURLBOX, the first monthly subscription service for textured hair. A multi-hyphenate career woman with many passions and interests; she has forged a unique professional path that reflects her marketing, community building, and commerce expertise. Myleik spent many years as host of the MyTaughtYou podcast, organized a luxury retreat, founded an investment club and recently launched an online community, empowering Black moms.
Aisha Baron, MD
Best known as the breast and body doctor (@breastnbodydoc), Aisha Baron, MD, is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon practicing exclusively at Breast Body Beauty Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Marietta, Georgia, and serving the metro Atlanta area. She is one of the few African American female plastic surgeons in the United States. In addition to cosmetic breast and body contouring, Dr. Baron has a love for breast reconstructive surgery and microsurgical (DIEP flap) breast reconstruction. As a cancer survivor herself, she can relate personally to the physical and emotional trials her patients experience during a cancer diagnosis and treatment. Her own cancer journey helped her become more understanding with her patients.
Tiffany L. Clay, MD
She is a board-certified dermatologist serving the Atlanta metropolitan area. She graduated magna cum laude from Dillard University in 2006 and subsequently earned her medical doctorate at Meharry Medical College where she became a member of AOA. She completed her dermatology residency at Saint Louis University where she served as chief resident.
Trudy- Ann Frazer, DDS
She was born in Negril, Jamaica and grew up in Stone Mountain, GA. She attended Oakwood University where she gained a BS in Biology and later attended dental school at Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN. Due to her love for working with children and her passion to reduce health disparities she gained a certificate in Pediatric Dentistry from Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY. After 2 years of practicing dentistry Dr. Frazer began experiencing symptoms of burnout and began her journey to discover various treatment modalities.
Nikka Sorrells, MPH
She currently serves as a Senior Program Officer at the CDC Foundation in Atlanta, GA. She obtained her Bachelors of Science in Biology from Oakwood University and Master of Public Health degree, with a concentration in Epidemiology from the University of Louisville. Working in the field of public health for almost a decade, she has a diverse range of experience at local, state, and national levels in program and budget management, program evaluation, health education, health promotion, grant management and public health research.
Sherri Simpson -Broadwater, MD
She is an adult, teen, and child psychiatrist and the co-founder with her husband, Robert Lee Broadwater Jr. of Healing For All, a psychiatric and coaching wellness center in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Sherri provides psychiatric care and corporate coaching primarily to high-performing professional, cis and trans-gender Black Women, people and families helping them transform frustration and, chaos into health, wealth, joy and safety. She has presented nationally and locally on women’s emotional health, family crisis, racial dilemmas in psychotherapy, physical, racial and sexual trauma, and parent-child relationships. She also has published articles on community violence, mental health, and healthy servanthood vs. martyrdom. Dr. Broadwater has also received a variety of awards and acknowledgments for her clinical and community service.
- Parenting Better with Myleik Teele
- Handeling Medical Emergencies in The Home with Dr. Yvette
- Creating a Financial Legacy
- Quick & Health Meals for the Family with Dr. Lauren
- Forever Young: Ageless Skin & Hair with Dr. Tiffany Clay
- All Things Mommy Makeover with Dr. Aisha Baron
- I Need a Break: Mental Health Check for Moms with Dr. Sherri Broadwater
- Zumba/Pound Class
- Get Updated Professional Head Shots
- Work Life Integration Pannel
Friday April 28, 2023
- Guests will sign in and receive swag bags
8-9PM: General Session
9-9:30PM: Mix and Mingle
Saturday April 29, 2023
- "Medical Emergencies for Moms in the Home”- Dr. Yvette (CME Eligible)
- “Creating a Financial Legacy”
- “Parenting Better”- Myleik Teele (CME Eligible)
- “Food as Medicine Cooking Demo: Quick & Healthy Meals for the Busy Professional” Dr. Lauren Powell (CME Eligible)
- “I Need a Break: Mental Health Check for Moms” (CME Eligible) Dr. Sherri Broadwater
- EXPO with minority venders/businesses
- Professional Headshot with Ty Myrick Photography
Sunday April 30, 2023
- “Forever Young: How to Have Ageless Skin & Hair” with Dr. Tiffany Clay (CME Eligible)
- “All Things Mommy Makeover” with Dr. Aisha Baron (CME Eligible)
- Zumba/Pound Class- Nikka Sorrells, MPH Certified Group Fitness Instructor (CME Eligible)
- Professional Headshots by Ty Myrick Photography
- Doctor Moms at Various Stages Pannel- Dr. Lauren Powell, Dr. Thomia Campbell, Dr. Trudy Frazer, Dr. Jada Moore- Ruffin (CME Eligible)
- Closing remarks
- CE Credit Codes Announced